So I’ve been using Subversion for a safe repository for my wife’s website. I started with an import of everything, created a trunk and branch folder and then started moving things around. So far I’m doing well with the basic commands, moving things around and deleting old content. I’m using Coda for the front-end editing and but not to upload files. I’ve got a local copy checked out and that’s what I’m editing.
Today’s changes were minor: stylesheet changes, page size reduction and a link to her weblog.
This weekend: Add the scaffolding of a Rails app and start work on a database-driven version of a gallery, store and inventory system.