Since I got tagged by Dwight, here’s my list of things you may not know about me:
1. I know what a Xenon decay constant is. I spent 4.5 years in the US Navy in the nuclear power program learning how the Navy uses nuclear power on board it’s ships. The training facilities are incredible and there a things about them I just can’t say, but they are fantastic. It ended badly, mainly due to my immaturity, but I retained most of the knowledge, the learning techniques and an honorable discharge.
2. I used to get late-night phone calls from Crispen Glover in 1991. He read me (and my roommate Bert) weird poetry.
3. I am afraid of rabbits in the way that most people are afraid of snakes. Put one within five feet of me and I get nervous. If it gets within three feet, I’ll get up and move. I can’t tell you why but I feel like they are about to leap at my neck and bite into my jugular vein. Seriously.
4. I’ve helped pull a newborn calf from the mother’s birth canal, once with a winch device called a “come a-long”. It’s just as gross as it sounds.
5. I am irrationally shameful that I never went to college. I somehow feel like less of a success because I didn’t pay through the nose for four years of lectures and hazing. I can’t shake it–no matter what my achievements–and I consider it one of my character flaws.